Whether you run the full, half, or share either with a relay, all Zydeco registrants can raise funds for babies undergoing NICU treatment at Lafayette General Medical Center. Proceeds from the charity running program will go to Lafayette General Foundation’s following programs:
- “NICU Rocks” – a cuddling program that utilizes volunteers from the Lafayette General Health (LGH) Volunteer Program, mamaRoo® Units, and swings to rock and cuddle infants born with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS). It’s also geared towards babies whose mother might be in the adult ICU or lives too far away to visit frequently.
- “NicView” – a camera and stream providing live view into the baby’s Isolette or bassinet in LGMC’s NICU, and is viewable from any online device, such as a computer, smart phone or tablet. This view can provide peace of mind to the mother or concerned loved ones, while allowing all to observe the baby’s daily progress.
If a runner becomes a Fundraiser, here’s a few of the perks, in addition to the heart-warming feeling of helping out the NICU patients and families:
- $250 in donations – registration will be refunded.
- $500 in donations – refunded registration and a 1/4 zip jacket.
- $1000 in donations – refunded registration, a 1/4 zip jacket, and a free hotel night.
And if you raise more?? The perks get even better. Register here to help out!