After speaking with local officials, we are confident that we will be able to obtain the necessary permits to host our event next March. That means our registration links will reopen THIS Friday at 9am! We will reopen rates at the same rates we closed at in August. We will hold these lower rates for 3 weeks and then resume normal winter rates on 11/20.
We will be going back to a double loop course for the full marathon this year. After surveying our full marathoners this past year, we found that many were in favor of this change. This will allow us to put less strain on our police officers, offer a safer course, and have more crowd/course support for those running the full. We understand not everyone is in favor of a double loop but we have had runners asking us to switch it back for a few years now. We will release the updated full marathon map after we have it recertified.
What about safety protocols for race weekend? Don’t worry, we’ve thought of that too…
As we all know by now, this global pandemic is a fluid situation. Pending what our local and state government still has mandated in March, our race weekend might be a little different compared to prior years. This could include the following:
- Keeping 6′ distance in the start/finish chute
- More staggered and spread out starting corrals
- Keeping masks on until you cross the start line
- Keeping your distance during the race
- No pacers (to dissuade groups from running together)
- Fewer food vendors and making 1 plate lunch per runner
- Finish line festival (if allowed)
- Temperature checks at packet pickup
- Spaced out packet pickup
- Hand sanitizer throughout start/finish area and at every aid station
In regards to a backup plan, we are still holding our no refund policy that we’ve always had. In the event that our race is not allowed to happen next March, we will make the announcement as early as we can and will defer everyone to the following year. As of now, we do not plan to put on a virtual event.
I hope this answered your questions and we can’t wait to see everyone on March 13-14th next year!
Stay safe and stay healthy!